Lanarkshire Loch Walkathon - Saturday 2nd March 2013
• Up to a 5K sponsored walk around the 16 acre Loch within the James Hamilton Heritage Park, East Kilbride. (4 x round the Loch or 8000 steps!)
• The route starts and finishes in front of the Boathouse, along a well-maintained, traffic free footpath. You may see Red Squirrels up in the trees that surround the loch. There are also Otters, Common lizards, Dragonflies and Butterflies like the Scotch Argus.
• Walkers can turn up, register and start their walk at any time between 9.30am and 10.30am.
• Every walker will receive a medal of accomplishment.
• The walk is suitable for all ages and fitness levels, wheelchair users, prams, buggies, and well-behaved dogs are welcome too!
• Participant entry fee of £10 for Adults & £5 for Young Persons (5yrs – 17yrs) Children under 5 Free. Optional sponsor forms will be sent to all entrants.
Loch Leven Walkathon - Sunday 24th March 2013
• Choose from either a 6km (3.7miles) or 11km (6.8 miles) sponsored walk along the stunning Loch Leven Heritage Trail.
• The routes start and finish at the Boathouse Bistro in Kinross. Both routes are along well-maintained, traffic free footpaths. The walks are signposted, with fantastic views, and there will be event marshalls to cheer you along.
• Walkers can sign in and start their walk at any time between 10am and11.30am. Every walker will receive a certificate and medal.
• The walk is suitable for walkers of all ages and fitness levels. Wheelchair users, buggies, groups and well-behaved dogs (and owners) are all very welcome.
• Participants can support Chest Heart & Stroke Scotland by getting sponsored for their walk or by making a donation.
Optional sponsor forms will be sent to all entrants. You can also set up an online sponsorship page via justgiving.com.
The Dee Don Walkathon - Saturday 5th October 2013
• A 5 mile sponsored walk along the famous Aberdeen Beach Promenade starting atthe mouth of the River Dee, heading along the sea front promenade to the mouth of the River Don (halfway point), and then returns back along the promenade to the River Dee
• The walk route is on pedestrian footpaths and will be well-signed together with event marshals to cheer you along
• Walkers can turn up, register and start their walk at any time between 9.30am and 11am and every walker gets an event medal and goody bag as well as a ‘Dee-Don Walkathon’ event number to show they are taking part
• The walk is suitable for walkers of all ages and fitness levels and wheelchair users, prams, buggies, pushchairs and well-behaved dogs (and owners) are all very welcome
• Groups of walkers are welcomed; clubs, teams, families, friends, colleagues